Review: Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard

10:19 PM

April 6, 2015



The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.


But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?













Oooo I liked this! It was really entertaining. I just can’t decide if I like Mare or not. I’ll elaborate on that later.

So Mare is a red. Reds do not have powers. They are not special. They are beneath the silvers.
Silvers are powerful. They are special. They are above the reds.

But you see, Mare here is even more special than the silvers. She’s a red, but she has powers. And when the silvers and Mare find out about her powers, that’s when things start to get really interesting.

Her whole life is turned upside down; betrothed to a prince and pretending to be something she is not (a silver). But some things never change, she’s still not free, she’s still a prisoner.

Everything was going pretty good for me. I thought Mare was a really cool heroine, and I liked her; but then she started to become slightly annoying. Not annoying to the point wherein I wanted to kill her or anything; just slightly annoying wherein I wanted to lightly slap some sense into her.

There were characters I really wanted to stab to death though.


They were just so evil; so evil.

The betrayal in this book was too much for me. I couldn’t believe it, yet I could. That does not make sense, but I feel like that. The author also killed a character I really liked! Oh my goodness why did that character have to die?! Was it really necessary? This character wasn’t really a big part of the book, but I was really affected!


Will I be reading the second book? I think so. I kinda want to know what happens next. I’m intrigued.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.