Review: The Mistake (Off-Campus #2) by Elle Kennedy

8:48 PM

May 19, 2015

He’s a player in more ways than one…

College junior John Logan can get any girl he wants. For this hockey star, life is a parade of parties and hook-ups, but behind his killer grins and easygoing charm, he hides growing despair about the dead-end road he’ll be forced to walk after graduation. A sexy encounter with freshman Grace Ivers is just the distraction he needs, but when a thoughtless mistake pushes her away, Logan plans to spend his final year proving to her that he’s worth a second chance.

Now he’s going to need to up his game…


After a less than stellar freshman year, Grace is back at Briar University, older, wiser, and so over the arrogant hockey player she nearly handed her V-card to. She’s not a charity case, and she’s not the quiet butterfly she was when they first hooked up. If Logan expects her to roll over and beg like all his other puck bunnies, he can think again. He wants her back? He’ll have to work for it. This time around, she’ll be the one in the driver’s seat…and she plans on driving him wild.









3.5 stars!

Logan meets Grace by accident. They click. He leaves her, because he still has feelings for his best friend's girlfriend. A revelation: he doesn't really like his best friend's girlfriend in that way. He wants Grace back. Grace doesn't want him anymore. Logan tries his best to get her back.

Okay so that's the short version of this story. Just so you're aware. When the guy messes up that bad, I want them to grovel and work for it. Logan worked for it, so I appreciated that. The effort he put into winning Grace back was more than enough, so I forgave him.

I hated Grace's mom. If you could even call her that. I just found her mom to be so immature and selfish. She was described as "free-spirited". She wasn't. She was just irresponsible.


Logan and Grace were not very lucky in the parents department. Logan's dad had a drinking problem that tore their family apart. I felt for both of them.

I liked The Deal better. This book just wasn't as gripping as the first, but it was still enjoyable.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yeah, I agree. This book wasn't better than The Deal. I found Grace and Logan very similar to Garrett and Hannah but I appreciated Logan working very hard on his second chance from Grace. I think every hero and heroine should follow their example! Hahahahaha.

    Rin @ Hiding Under The Sheets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Rin?! I loved how Logan pursued Grace. *swoon* hahaha!

      Delete
    2. Yeess! That red velvet couch scene was just soooooooooooooooo funny. Poor Justin. He was like, “What the hell is happening??” But Logan was just like, “Should I do the guns or the thumbs up?” Hahaha.

      Delete
    3. HAHAHA YES!!!! I like Justin. I would read it if he had a book.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.