Review: Obligation (Underground Kings #2) by Aurora Rose Reynolds

6:58 PM

SYNOPSIS

[ob-li-gey-shuh n]
An obligation is a course of action that someone is required to take, whether legal or moral.

At six years old, Myla was sent to a family her father and mother had chosen for her when they knew their time on earth was almost up. What they were unaware of was what they thought would be her safe haven would become her living hell.

Kai has been watching Myla from afar since he took over the family business from his father and inherited the responsibility of keeping her safe. When word gets back to Kai that Myla is not only in danger, but that his assets are being compromised, he immediately jumps into action and does the only thing that can be done at the time by marrying her.

Neither Myla nor Kai would have thought that something that started off as a farce would become the most important thing either of them could've ever done.
 



REVIEW 


4 stars!

I love Aurora Reynolds books! They all give me the same kind of feels. They’re easy reads that make you feel all cuddly inside. Not really sure how they make one feel “cuddly”, but that word just sounds like how I feel. Does that make any sense? No? Okay. *sad face

Myla has been through a lot in the past 48 hours. Her bakery was burned, she saw her vile stepbrother again, and she got married. Rough. 

Kai. This guy has been a mystery to me since he was first introduced in Until Trevor. I knew he was a dangerous guy, so of course that made me want to read more about him. 




Kai was so overprotective of Myla, but it was in a way that I could accept. He just really wanted to protect her so I was all for it. 
So Myla is hiding something from Kai that keeps them from really becoming open and secure with each other. I know that some people would feel really annoyed about the secret because it’s been used so many times, but I still felt for Myla. I think it’s because I personally know someone who has experienced that nightmare; so whenever I read a book that has a character who has experienced that, it always gets to me. 

Sad feelings aside, I enjoyed this book. Aurora Rose Reynolds books always leave me feeling in love and happy. I needed this. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.