Review: Verum (The Nocte Trilogy #2) by Courtney Cole

10:19 PM

SYNOPSIS

The truth shall set you free.


My name is Calla Price and I’m drowning.


My new world is a dark, dark ocean and I’m being pulled under by secrets.


Can I trust anyone? I don’t know anymore.


The lies are spirals. They twist and turn, binding me with their thorns and serpentine tongues. And just when I think I have it figured out, everything is pulled out from under me.


I’m entangled in the darkness.


But the truth will set me free.


It’s just ahead of me, so close I can touch it. But even though it shines and glimmers, it has glistening fangs and I know it will shred me.


Are you scared?


I am.



REVIEW


5 stars!

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!


I was completely stunned by the end of the book. I was not expecting that AT ALL. With Nocte I was left reeling with what I've discovered. It left me clamoring for Verum because the secrets did not end there yet. There was a lot more to discover. 




Now that I'm finally done reading Verum, I have no idea what's real and what's not real anymore. So this book starts off with Calla finally asking Dare the question, but of course it's never that easy. 

Calla and dare travel to Whitley to rest and heal. 



Dare also told her that the answers are in Whitley. Her grandmother lives there and Calla discovers that she's actually insanely rich. That's about all Calla discovers about herself. She sees things and people that she's not even sure are real. Now we all know that Finn was the crazy one and not Calla, but I was starting to doubt that.



The writing was incredible! While reading I thought I was going crazy along with Calla. I had no clue what was about to happen next and the writing just made me feel everything Calla was feeling. When she felt like someone was watching her, I felt like someone was watching me. It was not exactly a pleasant experience, because being the smart cookie that I am, I started reading Verum before going to bed. 


Calla knows that she must discover what the secret was before...well before something happens. She wasn't sure what was about to happen, but she knew it wasn't good. 


"Time is your enemy, Calla." 


She wasn't sure who to trust or what to do with herself. Everything was unfamiliar and confusing. 


The last chapter killed me. 




Verum answered some questions, but I'm not even sure if those answers are really correct. I'm second guessing everything, because this book was the biggest mindfuck I have ever read. I need Lux. I just need to put my mind at ease. I have to know what's really going on and what really happened. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.