Review: More Than This by Jay McLean

5:29 PM





SYNOPSIS


*Mikayla*

In one night my fairytale ended. Or it may have begun. This is my story of friendship and love, heartbreak and desire, and the strength to show weakness.

*Jake*

One night I met a girl. A sad and broken girl, but one more beautiful than any other. She laughed through her sadness, while I loved through her heartbreak.

*This is our story of a maybe ever after.*


He was right. It made no difference whether it was 6 months or 6 years. 

I couldn’t undo what had been done. I couldn’t change the future.
I couldn’t even predict it. 
It was one night.
One night when everything changed.
It was so much more than just the betrayal.
It was the Tragedy. 
The Deaths. 
The Murders.
But it was also that feeling.
The feeling of falling.



REVIEW


This song was going through my mind the whole time I was reading this book. 






This book had me from page 1. I didn't sleep just so I could finish this book. 

In one night, Mikayla's world fell apart. Her parents, sister, best friend, and her boyfriend. She lost all of them in one night. 

Then she meets Jake Andrews, and he makes everything feel better. They have only met that night, but their connection was unlike anything before. I cannot enumerate all of the times Jake saved her, and made her feel precious. Can someone please deliver a Jake Andrews to my doorstep?


I cannot stop thinking about this guy! He's one of my ultimate book boyfriends.

I have no idea how Mikayla would have turned out if Jake wasn't there to help her. He was her protector, and he loved her with all of him. The things he said and did for her made me SWOON. The secondary characters were all so funny and they made everything better. I love drunk Lucy! She was hilarious. Logan was also one of my favorite characters.

Waiting for Mikayla and Jake to confess how they feel for each other was frustrating. I wanted to grab them and knock their heads together.


I highly recommend this book!


FAVORITE QUOTES:



"Why does he call get to call you Kayla, and everyone else calls you Micky?”
I shrug, “Because my family called me Kayla”. 


“Because I’m your Jake,” he smiles, “and you’re my Kayla,”

“I’m thinking that maybe I’m really far from more than a lot liking you, Mikayla Jones.”

5 STARS!!!

GOODREADS       AMAZON

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.