Review: Take a Chance (Chance #1) by Abbi Glines

7:39 PM






SYNOPSIS

When Harlow Manning's rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan's room in nothing but his boxer briefs.

Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her veins. He'd known about Nan's reputation, but still he couldn't resist her. Nothing makes him regret the fling more than meeting Harlow, who sends his pulse racing. Yet Harlow wants nothing to do with a guy who could fall for her wicked half-sister—even if there are no strings between Grant and Nan. Grant is desperate to redeem himself in Harlow's eyes, but did he ruin his chances before he even met her?

4 STARS

REVIEW

I was excited to read this because Grant was one of my favorite characters. He was always funny and nice so I expected a lot from him.

Well in this book, he wasn't all that nice and funny. He was a total jerk about 50% of the book and I was disappointed in him because of his decisions. His reason for getting involved with Nan was understandable, but it was dumb.

I just felt like this was Grant's motto in life :



I need to rant some more about Grant. He was in a constant battle with himself and he was just so whiny and weak! I felt like I was listening to a girl on her period. I'm sorry, but it's true. Grant sounds like me when I'm asking my mother to buy me ice cream and carry me to my bed when I'm on my period. All whiny and annoying.
The things that he were just unacceptable and downright disgusting. I'm not sure if I would have forgiven him had I been in Harlow's place.

Harlow was sweet as always and too forgiving. She tried to be "strong" and resist Grant's charms, but apparently Grant is just irresistible. At about half of the book, Grant turns into the nice caring guy that I loved. He took care of Harlow and treated her like a precious gem. Harlow is quite insecure and Grant always finds ways to assure her that she has nothing to worry about.

I liked the twist that involved Kiro. I was surprised and my heart ached for him.

This book does end in a cliffhanger so prepare yourselves.

GOODREADS     AMAZON

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.